Ikano Re and Ikano Insurance Advisory provide reinsurance solutions and advisory services for the global operations of actors within the IKEA franchise system. Our offering covers areas such as transportation, property, liability, and co-workers.
2021 at a glance
No. of co-workers: 15
Gross written premium: EUR 89 million
The year in brief
- Ikano Insurance Advisory successfully placed approximately 40 different insurance programs in some 50 countries with more than 250 local insurance policies.
- Satisfactory claims levels were maintained despite substantial claims related to the recall of IKEA products HEROISK and TALRIKA.
- Our digital home insurance product HEMSÄKER continues to develop in collaboration with IKEA and will soon be available on more IKEA markets.
- We engaged in claims related to the grounding of the giant container ship Ever Given in the Suez Canal. The ship carried 20,000 containers, 180 belonging to IKEA. The incident caused the largest General Average claim in the history of marine insurance.
- Climate change is increasingly impacting businesses. This year we dealt with claims related to severe weather conditions interrupting IKEA operations at eight locations in Texas, USA and six locations in Madrid, Spain.
- Many IKEA co-workers are still exposed to the consequences of Covid-19. We see a rebound of medical claims and rising mental health issues within our Global Benefits programme.
- Together with Ikano Insight we work on data analysis related to the health and well-being of co-workers. We want to implement measures that will positively impact absenteeism and insurance cost.
We supported the Swiss Pro Juventute children’s hotline with
We reinsure 87% of all IKEA stores world-wide