We cater to the everyday needs of the many – as an IKEA franchisee providing home furnishing and business solutions, and with our IKEA-anchored Ikano Centres that have become retail destinations and Meeting Places for the communities we serve. Online and offline across our destinations in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Mexico and the Philippines, we help families, home-business owners and business partners bring their dream homes or their dream offices to life through our products, services and retail spaces. We are committed to bringing sustainable solutions as we deliver on our ambitious expansion plans across our markets.
2021 at a glance
No. of co-workers: 4,760
Turnover: EUR 735 million
Our IKEA stores
No of visitors: 23.3 million
No. of new stores opened: 3
No. of visits to IKEA online: 115 million
No. of home deliveries: 1.1 million
No. of IKEA Family members: 3.6 million
No. of meatballs sold: 28.2 million
No. of chicken balls sold: 4.1 million
No. of veggie balls sold: 0.9 million
No. of plant balls sold: 1.1 million
Percentage of solar power generated: 13
Our shopping centres
No. of visits: 51 million
Gross leasable area m2 including IKEA stores: 545,231
No. of rented units: 1,686
Families helped during pandemic lockdowns: 1,050
The year in brief
- Record engagement rate of 85.7 among our co-workers amid tough times.
- Lowest on-shelf product availability in the history of our business as supply chain woes continue.
- Against the tide of Covid-19, restrictions and global supply chain disruptions, we delivered on our expansion plans and business growth by opening two new IKEA stores and one small-format store – IKEA Oceania (Mexico), IKEA Pasay City (the Philippines) and IKEA Jurong (Singapore).
- The largest IKEA store in the world, IKEA Pasay City, welcomed more than 21,000 visitors on its opening day despite capacity limits due to COVID restrictions. Sales topped PHP 41 million (EUR 708,500) as Filipinos explored 66,000 m2 of home furnishing solutions. Those who couldn’t turn up physically tuned in online as 98,522 livestream viewers watched the live broadcast.
- With safe distancing measures in place, communities turned to our e-commerce to fulfil their home solution needs – with 115,010,757 website visits and fulfilling more than 993,000 e-commerce orders.
- As part of our inclusive workplace that encourages gender equality, 75 dads across Ikano Retail took advantage of our paternity leave in markets where there is minimal to no mandatory paternity leave for fathers.
Our IKEA stores
IKEA Batu Kawan
IKEA Bang Yai
IKEA Pasay City
Our Ikano Centres